The Poultry Industry Council (PIC) was officially formed in 1997, the result of a merger between the Ontario Poultry Council and the Poultry Industry Centre. The activities of PIC are made possible through the efforts of a twelve person volunteer Board representing both producers and the poultry industry, along with 3 full-time and 1 part-time staff members.
This past year board members and staff have worked to build a new strategic direction and business plan for the Poultry Industry Council. PIC’s primary activities and mission changed in 2014 and in 2016 PIC’S By-laws were amended.
Our Mission Statement
To efficiently deliver poultry extension services, event coordination, and project and program management while supporting research capacity for the betterment of the Ontario industry.
2016 Amended By-laws
2016- 2017 Five Primary Strategies for PIC’s Strategic direction.
1) Development and delivery of education and extension programs identified as priorities by the Ontario poultry industry.
2) Planning and coordinating events and discussion forums for the poultry industry.
3) Development and management of projects for the poultry industry.
4) Develop and maintain sustainable revenue sources.
5) Poultry research capacity maintained at a level acceptable to the poultry industry.