Our next PAACO certification course will be held Tuesday, October 31, 2017 to Thursday, November 2, 2017 at the Holiday Inn & Conference Centre in Guelph, Ontario.
Registration for the 2017 PAACO training session is now open. To register, click here.
PAACO reserves the right to limit class size and registrations to qualified individuals.
- Read, write and walk unassisted in a poultry production and processing plant environment
- Trainees must not have had contact with poultry, water fowl or pet birds for 72 hours prior to 1st site visit (no contact after 5PM Oct 28th)
Education & experience requirements:
- Master’s, Ph.D., DVM with relevant livestock experience of 2 years within the past 5 years
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant livestock experience of 3 years within the past 7 years
- Associate’s degree with relevant livestock experience of 5 years within the past 7 years
- High school diploma with relevant livestock experience of 10 years within the past 15 years
A condensed resume must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org upon registration for screening. Please note individuals who do not meet the requirements below are still eligible to participate in the course, but will not qualify for certification.
Condensed resumes must include the following:
- Highest level of education
- Number of years working with livestock
- Poultry experience
- Name of current employer/company
Accommodations – Holiday Inn
For those travelling, there is a preferred overnight rate offered for rooms at the Holiday Inn. To reserve a room by phone, contact the Holiday Inn (519-836-0231) and inform them you are with the Poultry Industry Council (or use the code PPP) for the discounted rate. For access to preferred rate bookings online, use the discount code ‘PPP’ Click here.
To download a copy of the 2017 PAACO training session brochure featured above, click here.
For copies of the rough agendas for the 2017 session, please see below: