On-Farm Food Safety/Animal Care Program/Regulatory Inspector – Western Ontario
Egg Farmers of Ontario
Egg Farmers of Ontario (EFO) is looking for a full-time Inspector that can deliver the On-Farm Food Safety/Animal Care Program and who can perform regulatory on-farm inspections in the Western Ontario area, based out of a home office. The successful candidate must be dynamic, self-motivated and possess excellent communication and organizational skills. They must be able to effectively work independently, as well as have the ability to work as part of a team
The On-Farm Food Safety/Animal Care Program/Regulatory Inspector will be responsible for:
- Delivering and auditing of EFO’s On-Farm Food Safety/Animal Care Program.
- Providing regulatory inspections and monitoring farm/flock inventories for EFO’s egg and pullet farmers.
- Assisting with emergency planning and response programs.
- Enforcing EFO’s regulations and policies.
- Post-secondary education in agriculture or food safety-related field.
- A motivated, self-starter.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic knowledge of the agriculture industry.
- Hold a valid G class driver’s license, access to own vehicle and a clean driver’s abstract.
- Previous auditing or inspection experience would be an asset.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- French fluency is preferred, but not essential.
Please submit resumes to Human Resources at email@example.com before March 23, 2018. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Position / Description
Quality Control Administrator
Assisting Hatchery Manager in day to day Hatchery Operations.
Reports directly to the Hatchery Manager.
Egg breakouts and data input Analysis of egg moisture loss Chick Quality Assessment
Hatchery/Truck cleaning inspection via plate testing and result assessment Preparation and handling of data loggers as well as results analysis
Fluff Sampling on hatch days Daily alarm checks.
Assist in SET preparation. Analysis of machine graphs
Check of transfer machine performance Asses chick readiness for hatchery
Be on-call for out of shift alarm alerts, coming in if needed.
Must abide by and up hold the Lohmann Animal Welfare Policy, Bio-security Policy and Health & Safety Policy
Other Duties as assigned
College Diploma in Animal Science or 5 years work experience. Minimum 4 years work experience in hatchery setting, production or breeder management.
Oral Communications, Written Communications, Computer Skills, Self-Motivated, Detail Oriented, Organizational, Dependable, Patience, Work independently, Works under pressure
As a service to our members, The Poultry Industry Council (PIC) offers complimentary employment listings for poultry-related jobs. Please send employment ads to firstname.lastname@example.org.