PIC in partnership with the Poultry Service Association (PSA) present Human Resource Day, an educational event aimed at business owners, operators and HR personnel.
The session aims to educate participants on best practices to protect their business from the pressure of special interest groups, become more effective managers and understand legal rights as peoples in upper management positions. This yearly event is scheduled to take place:
Wednesday, May 16th 2018 at the Holiday Inn in Guelph, Ontario. The fee is $200.00 and includes light breakfast, lunch and breaks.
All participants must pre-register. Click here to Register On-Line.
Tentative Agenda – Contact PIC for a full copy of the agenda
8:00 am Doors open – 9:00 am Opening Remarks
- Monitoring Animal Activist Groups – Provincial and Federal Perspectives
- Understanding Lobbying Tactics
- Dealing with Protestors at your Door – What are your Legal Rights?
- Hiring Practices/Monitoring Staff at Work – How does the Law Apply?
- Key Messages and Speaking Points when Discussing Agriculture Animal Welfare
- Animal Enterprise Protection Act (AEPA): A US Success Story
- Canada’s Attitudes toward Farm Animal Welfare
3:30 End of Day