The Ed McKinley Poultry Worker of the Year Nominations are now closed. The recipient’s name will be released April 1st, 2020, along with the presentation date and location.
Annually, the Poultry Industry Council recognizes an individual who has made a significant contribution to the poultry industry. The criteria are very broad. Quite simply the award will be presented to an individual who has given outstanding service to the poultry industry over the years. The person may have made a significant and lasting difference or some specific contribution or may simply have vast networks and has maintained these over the years which as a result has moved the industry forward.
To nominate an individual who you feel is deserving of this prestigious honour, please provide as much information to support your nomination as possible. Provide us with your name, company/organization/farm name, a contact email, along with your nominee’s name and contact information. Include a succinct description of this person’s accomplishments within the poultry industry, no more than two pages long. Please submit your nominations by email to: email@example.com. All nominations will be screened by an independent panel who then make the final assessment and decision.
As always the successful candidate should not be aware that this is happening, so discretion is required.
Click Here to access a writable PDF Nomination Form
Bob Guy, past General Manger of the Ontario Broiler Hatching Egg Chick Commission, has been posthumously awarded the 2018 Ed McKinlay Poultry Worker of the Year award.
Ed Verkley, Chair of P.I.C. presented the award to Mr. Guy’s wife, Cindy Guy, on March 6, 2019, at the Ontario Broiler Hatching Egg Chick Commission’s Annual General Meeting. Mr. Verkley stated, ” Bob Guy was one of the good ones, he congratulated and thank Bob for a stellar career and a life of service and commitment to the Canadian agri-food industry.”
PIC recognizes that as General Manager of the Ontario Broiler Hatching Egg and Chick Commission for over 17 years, Bob Guy was instrumental in creating a vibrant organization and fostering collaboration with members, stakeholders and industry colleagues.
After starting at OBHECC in 2001 Bob transitioned to Operations Manager and then to General Manager where his past experiences shaped and solidified his leadership of the organization as it drove and adapted to the ever-changing dynamics of the agri-food industry. Highlights of his contributions include:
- Through FBCC Bob spearheaded the feather industry development of an effective and robust emergency response system to poultry disease challenges
- As animal welfare ascended to a higher level of public interest, Bob worked with industry colleagues on the development of practical and audit able operating protocols along the entire production and marketing chain
- He implemented new consolidated operational structures within OBHECC, including adoption and utilization of new technologies in the hatching egg and chick sector
- Bob’s support and stewardship of the tenets of supply management have been on full display as he collaborated with industry counterparts both within and external to the sector at the provincial and national levels
- He played a key role in helping facilitate a very workable and successful inter-provincial MOE that resolved a chick supply challenge in eastern Ontario
- Bob has been instrumental in guiding OBHECC though the development and involvement of various iterations of a robust and market responsive COP Model
Bob has been instrumental in the creation of a number of industry programs including the Poultry Insurance Exchange, the Feather Board Command Centre and served on the Poultry Industry Council Board for over 10 years.
Click Here to Access Past Recipient Winners