Poultry Pro Expansion
Course Content updated June 2021.
Poultry Pro is an introductory online course offered by the Poultry Industry Council. This course was developed in response to a need identified by industry stakeholders for a relevant and comprehensive training opportunity applicable to the entire sector. Previously, no such industry-wide opportunity was available. Each module covers a wide variety of sub-topics and delivers a curriculum that was developed with industry representatives and subject matter experts. The target audience of the course includes new farm workers, new industry employees, and new graduates hoping to work in the poultry industry.
In 2021 the introductory course was augmented with 3 new modules (Poultry Pro Plus). In 2022 these modules were combined with updated content and a fresh new look.
Each module delivers a curriculum that was developed in collaboration with industry representatives and subject matter experts to address the needs of the industry.
- Disease Management
- Water Management
- Feed Management
- Breeder Management
- Barn Management
- Animal Welfare
- The Bird's Environment
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Implement various disease prevention techniques
- Identify tools for disease management
- Find resources for successful breeder management
- Distinguish appropriate practices for hatcheries
- Discover best livestock management practices
- Assess barn production
- Distinguish best practices for feed management
- Identify water management practices
- Ensure animal welfare of poultry throughout their lifecycle
- Manage the bird's environment for maximum productivity and comfort
- Understand the process for transporting birds safely, efficiently, and humanely
$271.20 (includes HST)
Should you have issues registering for the course contact the University by phone at 1-866-222-9682 or by email at email@example.com.