AUDITOR CERTIFICATION PROCESS / STEPS
Once approved for training, trainees will attend the onsite training that is taught by industry
professionals who are experts within their field. At the end of training, attendees must complete and pass a comprehensive exam. If the exam is not passed, trainees are offered one retake of the exam with an approved proctor. Initial and retake failure of the exam will require the trainee to retake the entire course over at full price.
Step 1: Participate in a 3-day education and instruction course including production site experience.
Step 2: Be tested at the end of the 3-day course and pass an examination. Successfully completing the course and test results in moving to a shadow phase of training.
Step 3: Once training is completed and the exam is passed, auditors are required to perform shadow audits. All shadow audits must be completed with a PAACO Certified Auditor in that species. Two shadow audits must be conducted and complete within either a broiler, table egg or turkey production setting under the supervision of a PAACO poultry certified auditor of your choice within 12 months of the course.
Step 4: Upon the completion of satisfactory ratings by the certified auditor(s) in Step 3, an official endorsement as a PAACO “Certified Poultry Welfare Auditor” will be issued and your information included in a data base of certified auditors.
PAACO reserves the right to limit class size and registrations to qualified individuals.
- Course instruction is in English, understanding and reading English is required, Test will be offered in both English and French
- Walk unassisted in a poultry production and processing plant environment
- Trainees must not have had contact with poultry, water fowl or pet birds for 72 hours prior to 1st site visit (no contact after 5 PM )
Education & experience requirements:
To be qualified for certification, a minimum education level with combined relevant experience is required. Requirements are as followed:
- Master’s, Ph.D., DVM – 2 years of relevant livestock experience within the past 5 years
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree – 3 years of relevant livestock experience within the past 7
- High school diploma – 5 years of relevant livestock experience within the past 10 years
- A condensed resume must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org upon registration for screening.
- Please note individuals who do not meet the requirements below are still eligible to participate in the course, but will not qualify for certification.