Registration is postponed due to the impacts of COVID 19.
AUDITOR CERTIFICATION PROCESS / STEPS
Step 1: Participate in a 3-day education and instruction course including production site experience.
Step 2: Be tested at the end of the 3-day course and pass an examination. Successfully completing the course and test results in moving to a shadow phase of training.
Step 3: Conduct and complete two shadowed audits in a broiler, table egg or turkey production setting under the supervision of a PAACO poultry certified auditor of your choice within 12 months of the course.
Step 4: Upon the completion of satisfactory ratings by the certified auditor(s) in Step 3, an official endorsement as a PAACO “Certified Poultry Welfare Auditor” will be issued and your information included in a data base of certified auditors.
PAACO reserves the right to limit class size and registrations to qualified individuals.
- Course instruction is in English, understanding and reading English is required, Test will be offered in both English and French
- Walk unassisted in a poultry production and processing plant environment
- Trainees must not have had contact with poultry, water fowl or pet birds for 72 hours prior to 1st site visit (no contact after 5 PM )
Education & experience requirements:
- Master’s, Ph.D., DVM – 2 years of relevant experience within the past 5 years
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree – 3 years of relevant experience within the past 7
- High school diploma – 5 years of relevant experience within the past 10 years
- A condensed resume must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org upon registration for screening.
- Please note individuals who do not meet the requirements below are still eligible to participate in the course, but will not qualify for certification.
Condensed resumes must include the following:
- Highest level of education
- Number of years working with livestock
- Number of years Poultry experience
- Name of current employer/company
Three Day Course: $1225.00 Cdn
Full registration includes 3-day course, 3 lunches, classroom materials, travel to production sites and bio-security supplies. Your registration acceptance will be e-mailed to you by PIC along with the pre-course learning modules (will take appx 5 hours to complete) course agenda and information.
Continuing Education for PAACO Certified Auditors: $260.00 Cdn. Certified PAACO poultry auditors can enroll for the first and/or second day of the training to contribute to their continuing education credit requirements.
Instruction Site: TBA
Airport: Toronto Pearson airport (YYZ) is Canada’s largest airport and located 70 km east of the city of Guelph. The Region of Waterloo International Airport (YKF) is located 20 km west of the city of Guelph.
Audit Demonstration Sites:
Multiple hatcheries, farms and processing plants will be used for on-site audit demonstrations. Specific location information will be provided to trainees at a later date. Upon registration, trainees will rank their preference to be placed into either the broiler, layer or turkey group. Each trainee will only be placed into one species group.
Group transportation to audit demonstration sites will be provided and is included in the course fee. However, transportation to the Holiday Inn for classroom instruction is the responsibility of each participant.
Registration deadline will be determined. Completed registration, payment and resume are due at time of submission. Registration will be done online. Class size is limited, and registrations will be processed on a first come, first served basis. Refunds can be made (less a $75 cancellation fee) until two weeks prior to course start date. If a participant fails to qualify for certification, no cancellation fee will be charged. No refunds will be granted after two weeks prior to course start date.