AUDITOR CERTIFICATION PROCESS / STEPS
Step 1: Participate in a 3-day education and instruction course including production site experience.
Step 2: Be tested at the end of the 3-day course and pass an examination. Successfully completing the course and test results in moving to a shadow phase of training.
Step 3: Conduct and complete two shadowed audits in a broiler, table egg or turkey production setting under the supervision of a PAACO poultry certified auditor of your choice within 12 months of the course.
Step 4: Upon the completion of satisfactory ratings by the certified auditor(s) in Step 3, an official endorsement as a PAACO “Certified Poultry Welfare Auditor” will be issued and your information included in a data base of certified auditors.
PAACO reserves the right to limit class size and registrations to qualified individuals.
- Course instruction is in English, understanding and reading English is required, Test will be offered in both English and French
- Walk unassisted in a poultry production and processing plant environment
- Trainees must not have had contact with poultry, water fowl or pet birds for 72 hours prior to 1st site visit (no contact after 5 PM )
Education & experience requirements:
- Master’s, Ph.D., DVM – 2 years of relevant experience within the past 5 years
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree – 3 years of relevant experience within the past 7
- High school diploma – 5 years of relevant experience within the past 10 years
- A condensed resume must be sent to email@example.com upon registration for screening.
- Please note individuals who do not meet the requirements below are still eligible to participate in the course, but will not qualify for certification.
Condensed resumes must include the following:
- Highest level of education
- Number of years working with livestock
- Number of years Poultry experience
- Name of current employer/company