As a service to our members, The Poultry Industry Council (PIC) offers complimentary employment listings for poultry-related jobs. Please send employment ads to email@example.com.
Currently there are two job postings.
PIC Seeking New Executive Director
The Poultry Industry Council is seeking an experienced Executive Director with seasoned leadership and communication skills. Working in close collaboration with the Chair, Board of Directors and Committees, the Executive Director will champion the organization’s growth and development as a not-for-profit agency focused on Poultry education and extension.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, recommending, implementing and managing new initiatives necessary to achieve PIC’s mission;
- Driving and delivering results against the organizations strategic plan, ensuring the Boards direction and policies are effectively implemented;
- Partnering and collaborating with agricultural organizations, universities and research organizations, both within Ontario and throughout North America, to fulfill PIC’s education and extension mandate;
- Demonstrating effectiveness in leading and strengthening a not-for-profit organization, including business development, investment management and project management;
- Addressing the PIC needs related to administration, operations, education, extension and advocacy;
- Overall staff accountability for operations, financial management, human resources and communications.
Education and Experience
- Completion of post-secondary education from an accredited educational institution or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years leadership experience within the non-profit sector, as well as a governance Board.
- Relevant agriculture/agri-food industry experience and contacts to enable identification and understanding of emerging industry issues and research needs is preferred.
- Experience leading and motivating boards and staff.
- Ability to implement and communicate policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated success in financial management, ability to manage and oversee budgets;
- Able to set and achieve measurable objectives within defined time frames.
- Excellent communication skills along with marketing, and public relations experience.
Competencies: Accountability, Adaptability, Advocacy, Communication, Financial Analysis, Governance, Leadership, Networking and Relationship Building, and Problem Solving
Working Conditions: Office environment with various off-site meetings. Will be required to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends) to attend meetings or related business and industry events and functions. Extensive travel as required and time away from home. A valid Ontario driver’s licence and an insured vehicle is a requirement of this job.
Compensation: Salary, Benefits and Mileage
The Poultry Industry Council has retained CulturedHR to lead this search on their behalf. Qualified applicants interested in exploring this opportunity are asked to submit their resume with cover letter, in confidence, to: Brandy Douglas at PIC@culturedhr.com
While we appreciate all indications of interest, only those individuals being seriously considered will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 11, 2019 at 4pm. For a copy of this posting Click Here.
The Poultry Industry Council (PIC) is a non-profit corporation that delivers poultry extension services, event coordination, and project and program management while supporting research capacity for the betterment of the Ontario Poultry industry. PIC activities are made possible through the efforts of a 12-person volunteer Board of Directors representing both producers and the poultry industry, along with 3 staff members. PIC is based in Guelph, Ontario.
PIC is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided by both CulturedHR and PIC throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
Program Administrator – Agriculture
Description: Fitzgerald & Co. has an opportunity for an individual to provide a variety of administrative services. Our office covers a wide range of activities including project management, conference and workshop coordination, literature reviews and research report writing, workshop facilitation, strategic planning, developing human resource and educational material, as well as association administration for nine agricultural organizations.
This position has a salary range of $33,150 to $49,725 dependent on experience and skill set.
- Managing the marketing, exam, certification, and continuing education components for an “in- house” certification This involves working with a Board of Directors and several committees and managing a central database.
- Writing and editing client newsletters.
- Website maintenance for our clients.
- Assisting in organizing and running conferences and workshops including preparation of workshop and conference material, managing registration, and making travel arrangements for
- Assisting with surveys, data gathering, web searches, and compilation of information into
- General office duties such as answering telephone and e-mail
- Purchasing and maintaining office
- exceptional verbal/written communication/interpersonal skills;
- solid computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel specifically);
- attention to accuracy/detail;
- organizational and time management skills; and,
Post-secondary education in agriculture, or a background in agriculture, is a definite asset. Opportunity for advancement.
For additional information or to forward a resume, contact: Susan Fitzgerald
Fitzgerald & Co. 39 William Street
Elmira, ON N3B 1P3 (519) 669-3350
Fax: (519) 669-3826
This position is available immediately.