The Poultry Industry Council, in partnership with Alltech, hosted our latest webinar entitled “The Scoop on Poop: Insights into a Chicken’s Intestinal Health” on Tuesday, October 30th, 2018. Dr. Dulmelis Sandu, Poultry Veterinarian and Technical Support with Alltech. She discussed how the colour and texture of poultry manure can indicate the health status of the digestive tract and be used as a tool to help understand the inner workings of the gut as a part of a complete program.
To listen click HERE.
About the speaker:
Dulmelis DG Sandu began working with Alltech in March of 2017. Sandu received her Master of Avian Medicine from the University of Georgia Poultry Diagnostic and Research Center in December 2016. She received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from St. George’s University in Grenada in 2015 and her Master of Science with a focus on poultry nutrition from Oregon State University in 2008. In August of 2017, she received her certification by the American College of Poultry Veterinarians, which specializes in poultry medicine, health and management. Dr. Sandu enjoys working with customers in the broiler, layer and turkey industry where she continues to provide her expertise and technical support.
- Disrupting the Process: Perspectives on Mineral Nutrition – Friday, September 8th 2017 (in partnership with Alltech)
- To watch the full recording of this webinar session, click here.
- Embracing change: The UK Raised Without Antibiotics Perspective – Friday, September 29th 2017 (in partnership with Alltech)
- To watch a full recording of this webinar session, click here.
- Reovirus in Poultry: Disease Update in Canada – Thursday, October 12th 2017 (in partnership with OMAFRA)
- Beat The Heat: Managing Poultry Heat Stress- Thursday, August 9th 2018 (in partnership with Alltech)
- To watch a full recording of this webinar session, click here